Saturday, August 01, 2009

Tolerance

Does your life read like a novel? Mine does - I'm actually writing one - and somehow a smile breaks as I reflect on tolerance. Have you ever realize “love” evokes many emotions but somehow in maturity the employment of patience and tolerance emerged as my greatest lessons.

My decisions are analytical and fused with understanding. The reactions to those decisions are based on patience and I utilize this reactionary patience as double edge sword after tolerance has been exhausted. It can be said I’m calculating but who isn’t when love is concerned.

My friends always question my levels of tolerance when in fact they should question my motives.

Case in point:

A year ago, a friend of mine came to visit and he brought along a buddy of his. At the end of the visit his buddy exchanged numbers with both my partner and me. On two occasions afterwards buddy called me and asked whether he could slum at our house on his visit and I gave an affirmative answer. On these two occasions he never showed up or called to give a reason why he didn’t make it after I prepared for him. I told my close friend about his buddy and then he informs me how shady the buddy is.

So on third occasion he opted not to call me but called my partner to inquire about slumming at our place. I told my partner I didn’t care for him to be there but it’s up to him seeing that the house is his. I informed my partner however he would be his guest and his responsibility.

Now this situation happened two more times and I kept my distance. I was cordial but cold as buddy never apologized for being inconsiderate. However, buddy and my partner kick it off and chat all the time. On his last visit I noticed an agenda by the buddy but I checked my suspicions as I sometimes tend to over analyze situations.

We all went out to the “Puppy” a popular local dive and on our return home buddy insisted on soliciting a street walker. Partner wasn’t happy about it but he obliged his buddy. I was well on my way to feeling good from three vodka and sevens so I didn’t care about it seeing that buddy was going to have a good time. Trade and I are talking downstairs and I realize partner and buddy wasn’t in the room so I go to the guest room upstairs and see buddy on his knees with his face in partner’s private area. You know, I definitely sobered up when my eyes connected with partner and he moved away. Needless to say party was over.

This is the clincher, I’m away tending to a family emergency when partner calls and says buddy is coming to town wanting to stay at the house. He asked again about how I feel and I reiterate my feelings but still he made it his decision to have him there. Now buddy has partner all to himself without any interference from me.

Is this tolerance, stupidity or both not to mention disrespectful of my feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home