Monday, July 27, 2009

Mom's Revelation

Today was a day of revelation as my mom was informed that there has been a recurrence of cancer after a year-and-a-half remission. Not at all good news. Her mental outlook at 67 stressed my very core due to prior conversations about her self imposed limitations with regards to treatment. Her deflated look rocked my conviction to be strong but I was determined to be her rock of Gilbratar though my heart cried.

A minute of claustrophobia consumed me. I long for fresh air --- outside the confines of the air conditioned office. I needed to breathe God's air for strength and feel the slight breeze swirl around me. Once outside I remembered a poem that I wrote in a moment like this...

The slight breeze
sends a coolness to my warmth
easing the burden of today's sun

This same slight breeze
takes me away to another world
of visions untold as stories unfold

On this slight breeze
I feel my essence -- my mojo
as my inherent nature gurgles and rises
sharpening my senses as this breeze
invigorates my soul

I retreat within--and yet
the breeze catches me, swirls around me
softly it plays up with me--teasingly
whispering its notes in my peripheral exterior

Oh breeze, this breeze
soak me with your uniqueness
guide me with your precociousness
and leave me with your strength

Copyright ©2009 Doug Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home