Monday, February 23, 2009

The Moment of Tears

Have you ever cried, really cried and after the last tear, you wondered why you were crying in the first place? Sadness or the realization of something lost as opposed to something gained. After all, we are MALES and stigma suggests there isn’t any room for weakness.

But I am – weak, recalling those times as a child when the switch tore into my backside, or the unexpected tingling sting on my face from the “almighty-get-it-right” palm or that time when I knew a beating was a coming and dressed in four to five pajamas to protect my molecules only for my angry father to beat me down buckle style for being rude to the teacher.

As a MAN signs of weaknesses linger still. Death of loved ones and friends unleashes the mysteries of the water in private moments as well as failed relationships where I loved hard. Tears seem to come from a poignant movie or sheer joy for an accomplishment, maybe also a churchgoer testimony.

Am I weak or human?


The Moment of Tears

My walls of Jericho,
came tumbling down.
It was over.
The glass was shattered discreetly,
yet so abruptly.


I felt no pain,
only loneliness.
The mind was disturbed.
Reflections reminiscent.

From this moment on,
there would be only memories.
This was no dream.
This was reality.
He would be no more.
I cried.


Copyright ©2009 Doug Anthony

As a Man do you show your weaknesses? How do you conceal your fear? Is it important to you how you’re perceived – faults and all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home