Friday, February 20, 2009

atlbrwnskin

He touch me
Look at me-- actually stared
He attempted my recesses
With his intense casualness
But I cringed, really insulted
Offended even
For I was his lpartner and friend
Not his conquest

He took for granted
Something sacred and dear
Not commonplace
He lied and cried
False tears of pride
Yet still I prayed
For belief in deliverance
Ignorant in maturity

He valued his friends
The ones we all know
Outward smiling but inward beguiling
Hoping the worst
Waiting and watching the end
I knew he knew
The lies and misconceptions
For greed knows the young

He gave as much as received
But in his eyes the scales of justice
Was in his favor
But he forgot as always
His situation was his not his friends
I was there
Through all the sickness and health
Still leaving myself open

He calls and envisions himself his own man
Yet actions bespeak a child
A man acknowledges his faults
Learns life lessons
View honesty as a virtue
Not a character defect
He should give as much as he takes
But in the end
My love never fakes

I know he knows he cares
Over two years I feared
From the first infidelity
To others found out
I was still here
Call me whatever
The love is sacred
But his true intentions are ambiguous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home